Skip to main content

6 Weeks Til Summer..time to reorganize the closet....

Saturday morning we decided to take the girls to Breakfast with the Works at Keeneland which started at 7am. I got out of bed and completed Total Cardio Fix at 5:45am, then showered and got the girls ready. We left the house at 7:35am and I was worried it we wouldn't make it...as breakfast is only served until 8:30am... and it takes approximately 20-30 minutes to get there from our house.  So we got in the car and headed that way with our shades and smiles on.....

Although I grew up near Keeneland and have lived in Lexington for the past 20 years, I have never made it to Keeneland early enough for breakfast.  This event is fabulous for families with kids and those without. There is a wonderful breakfast buffet, arts and crafts, silks dress ups and pictures, trackside viewing of horses training, and tours of the ground. It isn't as busy compared to afternoons when there are races, so it's a perfect time for the kids to run around and to take pictures....


It felt great being out in the sunshine in this beautiful setting with my family!! Caroline LOVED the grey horse and put up with me taking tons of pictures.  Courtney LOVED the little jockey men and they both liked walking on the wall and shaking the jockey's hands...




After a fabulous morning at the track, we stopped at Sam's for fruit and veggies which we'll consume for lunch and dinner throughout the week.  Then we went to Zaxby's for lunch and then had friends over for a playdate.  In the middle of the afternoon, I made the girls a snack and had a Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Shakeology for myself. I REALLY prefer to have my shake for breakfast, but I delayed today's shakeology because of the breakfast buffet at the event.  I have found when I make my shake with a sample pack that it's best to put the entire packet face down in the cup so not to lose any!! After dinner tonight, the girls played outside with neighbors.  It was a chilly evening, but a great way to end an amazing day!! 
But we almost didn't make it to Keeneland this morning because....I had a difficult time finding something to wear...every pair of pants I put on were TOO big.  Even the pair I bought just 3 months ago...were several inches too big.  I put on a dress, but my husband said it was too dressy for the event, so I went back and finally found an outfit that was comfortable, fit and would be warm for the chilly weather. By then I had a pile of pants to take out of my closet because they are TOO big....I know not a horrible problem to have...guess I need to go shopping for more spring/summer clothes....

Last summer my jeans barely zipped and my shirts were too small. I hid behind my yoga pants and large sweatshirts for 2 years after Caroline was born but knew I couldn't hide behind them forever.  The yoga pants and sweatshirts are comfortable, but I wanted to feel confident, increase my energy level and wear a bikini (instead of a tankini) to the pool. When I went to switch my closet last year I decided I wanted to lose at least 5 pounds (that was my short term goal), but I knew for the long-term I wanted to say goodbye to 10-15 pounds and loose several inches.  However at the time, I didn't think I could make changes to my body and just thought I'd have to live with a post-postpartum body forever.

I saw a picture of my NOW COACH on Facebook and asked her several questions...she asked me if I wanted to join a challenge/ support group for motivation and accountability.  Since I couldn't squeeze the gym into my busy schedule, I decided to try the 21 Day Fix work program and committed to working out each morning at 5am before everyone else got out of bed!!


I wanted to change more than I wanted to say the same!! So I got to work and started eating healthier, fueling my body with nutrient dense choices, upped my wayter intake and replaced 1 meal a day with Shakeology. 2 months later, I lost 10 pounds thanks to the support of my groups!! Honestly, without the group, I may have stopped after 2 weeks because I wasn't a fan of the cardio workouts and didn't think that I could make it through all the workouts.  But I stuck it out and each weak it got easier and easier.  I realized that this is a process...a lifestyle change, not a crash diet.

Everyday, I checked into the challenge group and posted my workout, food, water intake and Shakeology overview.  These check ins helped me to NOT skip a workout as I felt obligated to workout and post.  It felt great to be a part of the group and know that everyone had fitness goals and were working for their "personal why."

So with less than 6 weeks until the unofficial start of summer, I want to invite you to a 6-week support challenge.  I will teach the principles of healthier eating, how to fuel your body with energy, how to lose weight in a healthy manner and how to make this a lifestyle change (not a crash diet). 
I will share meal plans, guides to create meal plans, recipes, tips and ideas to help you achieve your goals.  Wheather it's 5 pounds or 20+ pounds, I'll help.  I REALLY, truly love helping others and feel the best when I see other people succeed!!

Does this sounds like something you would like to do?  If so, I invite you to join me on April 27 for a new support group.  The requirements are list below...

1. Create a FREE Beachbody account at www.teambeachbody.com/AshleyTabb so that I am your coach.  2. Commit to a Beachbody fitness program (I will help you determine the best program for your fitness level) 3. Replace 1 meal a deay with Shakeology.

In return, I will add you to my closed Facebook Suppout group where each day you will read the posts, get support and interact daily to maximize on motivation and accountability.  

Sound like a plan?  If so, complete this application to receive more information about the group.  What do you have to lose?? In 6 weeks you could drop a few pant sizes, lose 5-15 pounds and truly have more energy and confidence.  Are you in??  You can also "friend me" on Facebook and send me a message or email me at atabb01@gmail.com.

I hope to see you in my April 27 group!!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born. Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions th

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder