Skip to main content

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born.

Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions then purchased the Challenge Pack and waited for it to arrive.  When it came, I opened the package, took out the DVDs and headed downstairs.  I sat on the couch and watched Autumn go through the moves and thought…oh I can do that. My coach directed me to a challenge group hosted by Melanie Mitro.  During the first week, Melanie explained the workout schedule and how to create meal plans. She encouraged us to take "before" pictures and measurements and we got to know others in the group as we shared our struggles and goals. 

I committed to 5:15am wake up calls and started daily 30 minute workouts in my basement. 
After the first day, I couldn’t move.  But I loved the soreness as I could tell I had made my muscles work and it was progress toward my goal.  I went online daily and reported how rough my day had been to the group and saw that others were having a tough time too.  I got up the next day and by the end of the workout I could barely raise by water bottle.  After leg day on day three, I thought it was all over!  I couldn’t make it up the stairs and getting out of bed the next morning was a battle.  But then Pilates gave me a recovery day…while working my booty and abs! 

On day 4, I relaxed on the meal plan and didn't follow it 100% so then when I got up for cardio the next day, I thought I was going to throw up.  My stomach wasn't happy with me and I felt awful until I refueled with Shakeology which calmed my tummy.  Dirty 30 was a pleasant surprise as I loved the lifting during the workout, but the next day everything hurt!! Strategically, the week ended with Yoga which stretched everything back out and got me ready to start week 2.  
Week 2 was a little easier than the first, but I was still sore each day.  I did better with my meal plan and made sure to stay on track…especially before cardio workouts.  After week 3 when I got on the scale I find out I had lost 5 pounds and clothing sizes.  It was amazing and I never looked back!!


I loved checking in daily for motivation and information on the challenge group and posting about my day.  It was encouraging to see others post and have similar struggles…I wasn’t the only one!!  We supported one another and provided accountability through the daily check in and posts.  It was fun and uplifting.


Then I did another 21 day challenge and lost another 5 pounds and another clothing sizes.  During the fall and holiday season, I maintained my weight as I continued the daily workouts, but enjoyed my favorite holiday dishes.  Then in January and February 2015, I lost another 10 pounds and 2 clothing sizes.  I got to the smallest I had been in ALL my life.  It’s crazy how my hips changed and how my abs toned. I became happy, energetic and confident again. With the additional results and encouragement from others, I decided to start my own FB groups and blog in order to help others begin and continue their fitness journey.  For the past year, I have helped 3-5 people a month start their own fitness journey and achieve amazing results.  
It doesn't happen overnight, with a snap of a finger or a magic wand.  Fixes aren't made in a day or a week.  It takes a length of time to play out...sometimes months and other times even years.  You won't likely reach your BIG fitness goal in 21 days, but you can form good habits, make progress and acheive small goals that take you toward the BIG goal.  Then over the course of other challenges, you'll get closer to your goal!!
My next group starts Monday, January 18 here in a private Facebook group and only 2 new spots remain.  If you are interested and want more information complete the application below and then message me. 



Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder