Skip to main content

Week 5 Hammer & Chisel

Happy New Year!! 

Cheers to a Healthy, Happy 2016!! 

It's been a wonderful Christmas and New year, but now it's time to get back on track with my schedule, nutrition and fitness.

Although I kept up with my workouts throughout December, I strayed slacked on my nutrition and had several more treats and cheats than I should have!! And since New Year's, I feel like I have been playing catch up and am ready to get more organized!! For me a routine works best and I like having my to-do list and agenda to follow...which is why the meal plan also makes me feel more in control of my nutrition and health!! 


This is week 5 of Hammer and Chisel and I am ready to kick it into high gear!!
I am committed 100% to making this week count in a BIG WAY! My motivation this month is not only my girls, but an adult vacation that begins in 4 weeks!! 
  

I am loving Hammer and Chisel!!!  It's a challenge, but it's totally doable if you are looking to take your fitness to the next level.  It is the right amount of strength training and cardio to keep me challenged, focused and excited about each and every workout!

In my first month of Hammer and Chisel, I maintained my weight and didn't have any changes in my mearsurements.  These are my November and December pictures and there isn't much difference, which was my goal...can you guess which was the before and which was the after pic?!?!?

This was actually a success because it WAS December and I enjoyed the holidays...and didn't follow the meal plan.  I had all my favorite foods (in small portions) and several drinks. 


But now I am getting serious!! I am going to follow my meal plan, have only the allowed cheat meals and workout daily.  My veggies and fruits are prepped for the week and I'll easily pack them in my lunch box each morning!! My meal plan is created and I am committing to journal daily to track my thoughts and progress!  

So here is my game plan for the week:


My alarm will sound at 5:05 am each day and I'll hit play by 5:15am.   I'm always asked, "How do you have the energy to do a workout at 5:00 am?"  Well, honestly it is rough some days, but I just go straight to the basement, text my success partners and then press play because I know if I don't get it done first thing that I will be too busy when I get home from work and too tired once the girls are in bed.  Plus I enjoy my family and computer time in the evenings!!

I am following the Hammer & Chisel's Plan B  because I want to add lean muscle.  While I always want to tone and cut fat I feel thatfollowing the plan and eating more than I did with 21 Day Fix will help me reach my goal to achieve lean muscle faster.  You can see my workout schedule in my meal plan below. 


I plan out a week at a time because it helps me stay on track and creates less stress for me and Matt.  It's nice to have my grocery list at the beginning of the week and know what's on the "dinner menu" each night.  I know that when I fail to plan out my week I tend to make poor choices. So this is my game plan for the week!  
My biggest obstacle will be next weekend.  I have the Super Saturday event and will be off schedule, plus my daughter has a birthday party to attend afterwards, then we will be watching the University of Kentucky basketball game.  There will be tons of temptations for the day, so I have to plan and wait to have Shakeology when I am at the event and we are providing samples!

Have you heard that Summer bodies are made in the Winter?  
Here is the difference between 8 months of working out and following a meal plan from June 2014- Feb 2015.  I am looking for a similar picture when I return to Mexico in a few weeks!! 


There is still time to join my January support groups!  
I am kicking off Pre-fix on January 4 and again on January 25 .  
For more information about this or my other support groups, complete the application below.  





Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born. Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions th

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder