Skip to main content

Eat Healthy AND Enjoy Chocolate Treats

Oh me, Oh my!!! 

Who says eating healthy has to mean eliminating chocolate???

I have found a healthy way to enjoy chocolate and I can't keep it a secret!! As a child, I loved Snickers and Milky Way candy bars and could eat them without worrying about my weight or figure.  I was active with cheerleading and softball, but of course things changed as I got older.

No more candy bars for me...until now...I have found my fix!  I am doing my best to cut out sugar because it is so addictive and the more I eat the more I crave it!  For example dried fruit mixes are my weakness...yes there could be worse, but it is full of sugar!!!

As I continue to follow the 21 Day Fix workout and meal plans am always looking for healthy foods I can make feel like a treat!  First I found Chocolate Shakeology which has tons of nutrients and check out this comparison....



Isn't this AMAZING!!!


Plus Shakeology is full of vitamins and "superfoods" that make the shake a healthy choice!! There are TONS of Shakeology shake recipes but I drink my shake in the morning and don't typically have morning chocolate cravings, so I usually have Vanilla or Strawberry shakes for breakfast.

So to get my chocolate fix, I decided to try Shakeology treats like fiber bars or just simply Shakeology chocolate!  I will be honest, I wasn't sure how this would turn out!  As I was mixing it in the kitchen my kids and husband were excited for a new treat but not convinced it would taste good.


The Chocolate Bar recipe is simple....
1 scoop of Chocolate Shakeology
1 spoon of coconut oil melted


Let the coconut oil cool a little, then stir it together and spread it on a sheet of wax paper and put into the freezer until solid.  

I cut into chunks and enjoyed a chocolate bar with no guilt.


1 spoon of coconut oil is a good fat and 1 shakeology serving is 1 red.

So I counted it as a partial red and spoon as I don't eat the entire bar...just pieces. But feel free to eat the whole bar and count it as a red!!
OMG!!! Isn't this is so exciting?!?!

Courtney and Matt tried it and came back for seconds too!

I LOVED it so much I actually doubled the recipe the next time I made it, so it would last several days! Plus I added some peanut butter, PB2, for extra variety!! You could also add nuts or slivered almonds!!!!!  


OMG!!! You can stay on track and still have chocolate!

YOU MUST TRY & LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!


If you don't have Shakeology hit me up for samples or your own bag!!!!

Want more healthy eating ideas?? I'm co-hosting a 30 Days to Clean Eating and Motivation Group on Facebook.  Message me to be added or complete this form for info on future eating and workout support groups!!

Also... be sure to check out my other blog posts and share the info with others!!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born. Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions th

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder