Skip to main content

Making a Shift in My Meal Plan


I'll be honest, I'm a bit nervous about the strict nutrition plan with this new workout program, but I'm REALLY excited about getting out of the slump. Since I found out my position at UK was eliminated a few weeks ago, I have gained 5 pounds from relaxing on my meal plan and snacking on some of the kiddos treats. I need a good mental shift with food and nutrition and I KNOW this is exactly the program that will help me feel better myself.

The Shift Shop is a new Beachbody Fitness Program by Supertrainer Chris Downing. It’s great for busting through plateaus because week-by-week you’re ramping up to the next level of fitness and nutrition.


This is what I know about the eating plan so far:

  • The program follows the container/Portion Fix system. The yellows/carb options are mainly veggies/beans – very few starches, especially by the end. 
  • Each week starchy carbs decrease and protein and veggies increase which is designed for optimum results. 
  • Many of the test group participants said it was a lot of food and that they were “eating all the time”. 
  • Despite having a lot of food in week 1 and 2 you may feel hungry. 
  • There are a lot of veggies and protein, but the meal plan is not high in fat. 
  • Week three is similar to a “countdown to competition” plan as described in the 21 Day FIx Extreme. It is nearly all starchy carbs and fruits are eliminated. Carboholics may find this program is a definite challenge but still doable. 
This type of meal plan gives your metabolism a kick in the butt and revs it up so that you can shred serious fat and get quick results! This is similar to the type of meal plan that a fitness competitor or model would follow to shred quickly before a competition or photo shoot! The key to success is no doubt in the nutrition.

Here is an example of a fellow coach's WEEK 1 SHIFT SHOP meal plan!


Basically it is a ton of fresh fruits, veggies, lean protein and it does follow the portion controlled container system. Although it is NOT the same as the 21 Day Fix as it tapers down your carbs and is very specific with which carbs you can and cannot have. For instance almond and coconut milk are not included in the plan.
The meal plan is basic to provide RAPID results in 3 weeks. The program delivers only if you are serious about your nutrition and commit to the daily workouts. I've heard this over and over.... 80% of your results come from the foods that you eat!

My fridge will be stocked with these staples:

Black BeansAvocadoCucumberTomatoSpinachLettuceLean Ground TurkeyBoneless Chicken BreastFlank SteakSalmonBroccoliGreen BeansEggsStrawberriesBananasApplesAll natural almond butter
Plus I will plan to consume LOTS of water and will commit to 3 weeks of no alcohol! Really...I know I can do it...I've done it for months at a time when I was pregnant and still lived through the summer months and attended parties!! It's TOTALLY doable!! You can do anything for 3 weeks if you put your mind too it and have a solid support group cheering you on! It’s time to shift your thinking from all the things you are missing out on, to all the things you are gaining!
I’ll also incorporate Beachbody Performance supplements including Energize and Recover to give me an extra boost before and during the workouts and to minimize soreness each day!! I currently have Energize before teaching Country Heat and can completely tell a different in being on beat with the music I have my lemon drink versus when I don't.

As I mentioned at the beginning, I’ve been on the struggle bus for the last few months with so many things going on personally. And although I am a coach, I need accountability just as much as everyone else so I am counting on my challengers and fellow test group participants to hold me to it – to help me along – to share ideas and to STAY ON TRACK!

It's so much easier when you do hard things with others rather than alone....so let's PUSH through this program and create an AMAZING shift together!!

Are you in?!?!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born. Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions th

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder