Skip to main content

Why the Cost of Shakeology ISN'T as Bad as You Think

Last Friday we arrived at the Cancun airport at 10:30am and I was hangry!!  Yes, that's the right spelling...I needed something to eat because when my stomach growls....I become angry!! 

There were a few options including Johnny Rockets, Bubba Gump, Starbucks, Guacamole Grill or Grab n Go. The cheapest menu items from any of these was around $6-8.  I wasn't  in the mood for lunch and had already had breakfast, so all I really wanted was a snack and something to take on the plane for lunch.  

Then I remembered I had a Shakeology packet and my shaker cup in my bag. So I purchased a bottle of water and a Ham and Cheese sandwich. The shake was just the snack I needed to hold me over to lunch (sandwich on the plane) and provided the nutrients I needed to fuel me with energy for the day....and with my coach discount, the packet is only $3.30 and I paid $2 for the water...so the cheapest option available! 

I'll admit I questioned the cost of Shakeology when I was first introduced to it. The price to pay for 30 meals at once is steep!!  But then again think about other healthy and non healthy options and their costs....if you go to Starbucks you'll spend over $5 on a latte with no nutritional value.  A "value meal" from Chik-Fil-A, McDonald's and other fast food restaurants is $8 a meal. And if you go to a sit down restaurant like Applebee's, it'll cost $10 for lunch menu items, after the tip. What if you paid for 30 of those upfront...that could be $200-$300!!  

There really aren't many meals you can get for $4 or less these days...especially meals with the nutrients and health benefits available in Shakeology!! If anything, the alternative offers the complete opposite. I have spent WAY more on sugary cereals, snacks and drinks throughout the years used excuse after excuse to avoid making an actual lifestyle change. I fought it hard because really what goodness could that bag really contain?!?! 


Then I looked at it like this:👉Shakeology replaces vitamins and supplements. 👉Shakeology fills nutritional deficiencies- especially for picky eaters.  👉 Shakeology helps CURB your cravings and empty hunger....especially for chocolate lovers!! 👉 Shakeology helps you achieve results quicker and maintain them. 👉 Shakeology provides a guilt FREE fast food option. 

So, I enjoyed my shake Friday morning in Cancun and then had a Chick-Fil-A meal deal in Atlanta (you can't ALWAYS say no to waffle fries!!), but back in Lexington, rather than having a taco from Taco Bell at 9:30pm, I choose a Chocolate Shakeology and my tummy thanked me for that decision!!  Ok, so the taco would have been cheaper in price but there was not benefit comparison...the shake was obviously the better option!!!

Speaking of best options...this month, the featured challenge packs include a month supply of Shakeology, workout DVDs AND a month trial of On Demand (access to purchased workouts and older Beachbody workouts) for only $10 more than just purchasing Shakeology alone. Plus the challenge packs includes meal plan guides and portion control containers to get you started with meal planning!!   This is the best bang for the buck and it also comes with a 30 day money back guarantee!!  

Are you willing to cut out a few lunches, Starbucks coffee and limit other purchases to try something that will help you be healthier and happier?  If so, complete the application below and I'll provide more information to help you choose the right workout for you.  Plus you can join my next private Facebook group, "Love the Skin You are In" for daily support and motivation which starts February 15!!  

Don't wait any longer, get started now...you'll be glad you did when pool season arrives...in 3 months!!!



Use Wufoo integrations and get your data to your favorite apps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born. Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions th

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder