Skip to main content

Another Goal this Year...Finish "Good to Great"


This picture was taken in May 2005 during our honeymoon in Aruba. WOW...this seems like SOOO long ago. It was our first night dinner in Aruba. We were so happy to make it since we had to delay the trip a day because I couldn't find my birth certificate (in "those days" you didn't need a passport).

I thought I had thrown it away but just last year I found it tucked away in the book "Good to Great." I had started reading the book on a vacation to Mexico in Feb 2005 but never finished it. Even though I said I was going to start and finish it last year, I never did.

Why?

It's not that I don't want to find out what the book says, but I have found Audible works much better for "reading" with my busy schedule. So tonight, I downloaded it onto my Audible account and will listen to it 2017!

What do you do when you don't reach a goal?
Do you push it aside and just give up?
Do you try again with a new approach?

Rather than just pushing it aside and moving on to something else, I have made a new commitment and found a different solution to help me reach my goal.
I may not have finished the book 12 years ago or last year, but I WILL finish it this year because since becoming a Team Beachbody coach, personal development and listening to books have become part of my daily routine. I listen in the car on the way to work, on the bus and as I walk to meeting on campus. On the weekends I listen as I'm doing my makeup. I typically list for 15-30 minutes a day and that time really adds up quickly!!

The same is true with my fitness...just over two years ago I couldn't find a way to get to the gym, so I found a new solution. Instead of working out once a week in the gym, I now stream Beachbody on Demand from my basement and workout for 30 minutes daily!! In the past 2 1/2 years I've finished 8 different workout programs (several multiple times) and now with access to ALL the Beachbody programs I WILL complete a few new ones in 2017!!

Think outside the box and realize you don't have to do everything the "traditional" way! With enhanced technology reading, exercise and building a business have completely changed over the last 20 years!!



14 years ago I joined my first network marketing company and still LOVE the company today. While I loved the products for myself I didn't have the fire and passion for the company's mission. However, with a mission to help people achieve their goals and enjoy a healthy, fulfilling life I know Team Beachbody is the right company for me. I'm not looking for a way to leave UK...heck I really just became a coach to get the 25% discount on Shakeology. Yet when people started asking for my help, I realized I needed to create groups to help them. I've been hosting online groups for the past 2 1/2 years and have built a strong online support community.

In 2017 my goal is to lead a team to expand the community and become more confident in their leadership!!

If you have been looking for a health and fitness solution, but need support and accountability, consider trying a different approach and join my next support group starting, Monday Jan 23. Complete the form below and then email or message me to discuss how to get added to the group. You can also find additional information in my preview event on Facebook.

If you want to go BIG and invite others to join the group with you, consider becoming a coach and assisting in the group by committing to share your daily experiences in the online support group. You'll receive 25% off future products and Shakeology AND a 25% referral bonus for introducing the programs, helping to grow the community, and contributing to the Team Beachbody mission. When you complete the form below, click that you are interested in the discount and becoming a coach. Additional information will be provided Wednesday, January 25 and Thursday, January 26 to answer all your coaching questions.

I'd love to help you in your health, fitness and professional journey to not only find a new purpose and passion but to improve from "Good to Great!" 

HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born. Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions th

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder