Skip to main content

Small Steps Make a BIG Impact Toward Reaching Goals!!

As the ball dropped last week, were you having a great time or maybe already asleep?!?! Did you wake up the next morning with several goals for the new year running through your head?!?!
You may have thought about all you want to do with the new year ahead, but had no idea where to start!! The key is to think and focus on small steps to achieving those goals!! Small changes add up and create big progress over time!!
So where do you start to even think small?!?!
  1. Get moving. If you haven't been working out at all...start with 1-2 days a week and then work up to add another day as your schedule allows. Also, add in small ways to add movement like parking farther away, taking the stairs or just getting out of your chair or off the couch each hour.
  2. Be mindful of your food. Add more fruits and veggies into your meal plan. Eat slowly and stop when you are full.
  3. Limit your sugar intake. Too much sugar can create a risk of heart disease, obesity and diabetes. Cut down on how many soft drinks you have each day...even diet drinks are not a good option. Add lime or lemon to water or have sparkling water.
  4. Drink more water. Stay hydrated throughout the day for better digestion and a controlled appetite. Always have a water bottle with you and set a reminder every hour. 1/2 your body weight in ounces is a good daily goal!!
  5. Plan treats. Improving your health doesn't mean you can't ever have your favorite treats. Plan a meal each week that includes your favorite food even if it's not so healthy.  And then balance it with something healthy. For instance, pizza and fruit for lunch or ice cream after taking your kid to the doctor. You and your body need a treat every once in a while to sustain a health lifestyle and there should be no regrets...but be sure to manage the portion!
  6. Share your efforts. Have a support system for motivation and to keep yourself accountable to your priorities and goals. Talk to friends or engage in online conversations to keep your goals in the forefront, overcome your struggles and shout out your successes!!

Need help finding a fun way to get moving or support to work on your health and fitness throughout 2017?  Email me or like my Facebook page and message me for details on the programs I enjoyed the most and join my Reset your New Year's Goals on Monday January 23!! 

We are only 12 days into the New Year...don't get frustrated if you are still figuring out the best way to work toward your goals...just keep working and moving in the right direction.  Reach out to me and let me know how I can help!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born. Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions th

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder