Skip to main content

New Beginning When Least Expected...

Shocked....I didn't know what to say.  After returning from a vacation where the sun was only out the 1st day, the clouds had followed me home and I was stunned, but not totally surprised. I had taken the morning to get caught up at home, then taught a cardio, dance fitness class before going into the office to review emails and attend a team meeting. However, just minutes after the meeting started, I was asked to follow my manager into another office. I was told with the department's reorganization, my position duties were restructured and my position was being eliminated.

I nodded and smiled.  More lo
gistics were provided and then I walked to my desk to gather some of my personal belongings.  Tons of thoughts ran through my head but I didn't cry and I actually wasn't that sad.  I actually felt more relief than anything!  I felt like a weight had been pulled from my shoulders and I was FREE!!

I've worked at the University of Kentucky for 12 years and always loved my job. However as things changed in the department it started to feel like I didn't fit with the changes.

So now I am at the point in my life where I can start a new beginning and I have to decide what that's going to be.  I'm still in shock that this has happened but I'm confident that I can take time to dig deep and find myself and determine the next thing I really want to do.

I always said I didn't want to be a stay at home mom but now as a Beachbody Coach and Country Heat LIVE instructor I feel like I have the time to really expand my groups and team as I also look for other job opportunities.  No matter what, I know Matt will support me and my actions will impact my girls so I must be strong for them.

This experience will help me learn about myself and grow in other relationships as well.  I feel I've handled the situation well so far because of my experiences with a previous job where I outgrew the position and needed to move on. I know this situation won't be exactly like the last.  I didn't have kids then and I didn't have a solid side business. I didn't have the network and friendships I have now.  And I didn't have the personal development to keep me positive and guide through my "Bounce Back."

Today as I read Coach Cal's introduction, I was given the first few steps of what I need to do over the next few days:

1. Compile and lean on a Kitchen Cabinet
2. Be honest with yourself.
3. Own my performance....take responsibility for the good and bad that I have done.
4. Make lists of what you want to do and who to contact. Get thoughts out of your head.

"Championship organizations aren't built in a day or even a week. Your bounce back isn't going to happen at the snap of a finger," Coach John Calipari.

I know I am in the beginning stages of this journey and I am going to feel lots of emotions and have several shifts.  I may feel like isolating myself at some periods of time, but so far I have wanted to stay social online and meet with friends for lunch.  I may feel regret and want to bargain with myself how I could change the situation, but at the moment I am really at peace with it. Anger is likely to come and for that I will continue with my morning workouts...probably Country Heat, Yoga or Kickboxing. I know frustration is normal and I must be patient until I find my next step. Until then I will focus on my family and Beachbody groups.  This will also help me from becoming depressed as I will continue my mission to help others be happy and healthy.

I am moving forward and not looking back.  There is nothing I can change over the last few months or years and nothing I really want to change.  In the last week the only thing I would have changed would have been more sun in the Dominican!! There are several opportunities to consider and I have amazing family and friends to support me.  I KNOW I WILL find another way to financially assist my family and I WILL do the hard work to find what's best for us!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born. Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions th

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder