Skip to main content

My 21 Day Fix Journey, Results & Review

I have been asked a lot lately... "How have are you losing weight? "What are you doing?!?!"
So here is the story....
At the beginning of the summer of 2014, I began running outside in hopes of losing the last 10 pounds of "baby weight" from my then 2 year old. I wasn't consistent and I didn't really enjoy running, but I couldn't find the time to make it to the gym. Then I noticed a high school friend's post on Facebook that she was working out, losing weight and inches...and fitting into clothes that hadn't fit in years. I  wanted to know what she was doing...so I private messaged her & asked for more information. 

This was our family Easter picture before I started my Beachbody fitness journey.

She responded immediately and began telling me about Beachbody, 21 Day Fix and Shakeology. I scanned her Team Beachbody website and found a large variety of workout program choices. It was VERY overwhelming what to choose, but I knew what she did worked, so I decided to order the Challenge Pack which included the 21 Day Fix DVDs, a month's supply of Shakeology, and a spot in a Challenge Group (a private Facebook group of individuals across the country that have decided to commit to a Beachbody program). 

The Challenge Group that I joined was led by Beachbody's 2014 #1 coach (she was also the top coach in 2015 & 2016) and she posted a motivational and inspirational post a few times each day with a question for interaction from the group. Plus each participant posted a  progress ranking for the day on eating, drinking water & Shakeology and working out. Seeing these posts and posting myself is what really kept me motivated...especially the first 21 days!!

My favorite thing about the 21 Day Fix is the short workout time.  There is a different workout each day and each is only 30 minutes.  So I head to workout in my basement at 5:15am and can be in the shower by 6am. Even after 6 months its not fun to wake up early in the morning to workout, but it feels GREAT to have it finished and has me wide awake by the time we leave the house at 7am...with a Shakeology shake in my hand. When I get home at night I have too many other things I want and need to do... such as make dinner, wash dishes, laundry, bedtime routine and write blog posts!!!

This picture was taken after 60 days of 21 DaysFix

When I started in July, I could only do 2 regular push ups and I couldn't hold myself up in a side plank. I followed the modifier on several moves...for several months!! But I kept pushing play each day and kept moving even if I wasn't doing the "regular" move. 



After completing the workout for 6 months, I could do regular push ups for an entire minute and hold myself on side planks...while raising my leg for 30 seconds on each side!! It wasn't something I was able to do overnight...I had to work at it daily to increase my strength and knowledge for each move! Each time I thought about stopping on a move, the 21 Day Fix personal trainer, Autumn Calabrese, pushed me to keep going!!


21 Day Fix consists of 6 workouts that are each 30 minutes short. The boot-camp style workouts burn calories and reshape your body in less time than it takes to get ready each morning!! The workouts are challenging, but provide amazing changes for your body, especially if you focus on the portion controlled meal plan that complements the workout plan!! There is no more guessing about how much you should eat...with these containers, you fill them up with the foods listed for each category 


I lost 10 pounds in my first 45 days and a total of 12 pounds at the end of 60 days. I saw an incredible definition in my abs and legs compared to day 1. Throughout the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday season I continued my daily workout, drank Shakeology for breakfast and followed the meal plan (for the most part). I was able to maintain my weight throughout the holidays and move on to the next challenge, Insanity Max:30 after the new year!


Someone asked recently when I would stop working out at 5am and honestly I don't have a plan to stop. You can't stop working out and eating healthy and expect to maintain your results.
You brush your teeth each day to keep from getting cavities and you have to workout daily and follow a meal plan to stay healthy!!



If you are interested in more information, create a FREE account on my website and complete this form to be contacted about the next fitness support group!


Here is an overview of 21 Day Fix...




With 21 Day Fix, losing weight has never been simpler—or faster! Anyone can have success with
this simple program.


What is 21 Day Fix? 

• A 21-day program of simple portion control and 30-minute workouts that anyone can do

• Simple, fast weight loss—no weighing food or counting calories, carbs, or points

• You can lose up to 15 pounds in 21 days


What makes 21 Day Fix unique?

• Portion-control containers take all the guesswork out of losing weight

• It's the simplest way to control how much you eat

• 30-minute workouts that anyone can do and fit into everyone's busy life


Who is the created for?

Men and women who:

• Want to lose weight

• Don't want to make long time commitments

• Have tried and failed at complicated diet plans

• Don't want an extreme fitness program

• Have started their weight-loss journey with Shakeology®

• Are new to fitness, dieting, and weight loss

• Don't like "off-limits" diet plans or deprivation


What's included?

• 7 color-coded portion-control containers

• Shakeology® shaker cup

• 6 easy-to-follow 30-minute workouts

• 21 Day Fix Start Here quickstart guide and workout calendar

• 21 Day Fix Eating Plan that shows you exactly what to do

• 3 Day Quick Fix Guide, Autumn's secret weapon for fast weight loss

• Dirty 30 bonus workout

• Exclusive! You will get a FREE bonus workout—Plyo Fix (a $19.95 value)—

when they order through your coach, Ashley Tabb.







How does it work?

• The Eating Plan shows you how to use the portion-control containers

• Simply put your choice of food in the color-coded container—if it fits, you can eat it!

• Do one 30-minute workout per day according to the Fitness Guide

• Follow the simple plan and incorporate Shakeology daily, and you can lose up to 15 pounds in 21 days


Why should you use 21 Day Fix?

• To finally lose the weight and keep it off

• To lose weight quickly before an event or vacation

• To learn what healthy portions really look like

• To find out how easy portion control and weight loss can be

If you are interested in more information, create a FREE account on my website and complete this form to be contacted about the next 21 Day Fix support group!

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born. Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions th

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder