Skip to main content

Holiday Challenge Group: Provided Support, Accountability & Motivation

We did it!!  We officially finished eight weeks of the Holiday Survival Challenge Group.  I can’t believe the holiday season is almost over!  I thought making it through Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s would be difficult, but it wasn’t as bad as I expected.  And I believe that's because the challenge group made me accountable for daily workouts and thinking before I ate each day.  If it wasn’t for others posting their daily results, struggles and triumphs I may have eaten more and worked out less.  So thank you to the Holiday Survival Challenge Group for being part of my first Challenge Group.  I am so excited to step it up with the New Year’s Challenge Group that is currently forming and starts Monday, January 5!! 



And now for my results over the last 8 weeks…I am happy to report I was SUCCESSFUL in the “Maintain Don’t Gain” goal.  My weight in November matches the weight I am today!!!  How did I do it??  Each morning, I completed a 21 Day Fix workout and then had a Shakeology shake for breakfast.  I ate healthy by developing and following a weekly meal plans…not always perfectly but closely. I used the portion controlled containers from the 21 Day Fix Challenge Pack to help ensure I ate the right amount of each food category.  Plus I incorporated cheat meals and yummy snacks and treats along the way…this way I didn’t completely deprive myself of my favorites during family gatherings and holiday functions.  However, I limited myself to small portions of treats and stopped myself at a bite or two on things like birthday cakes and pie. 




My biggest and proudest accomplishment was leading others to start a healthy lifestyle by thinking about portion control and meal choices to “Maintain Don’t Gain” during the busy holiday season.  It was wonderful to see others post their daily successes and comment on how the group was helping them through the season.  I loved the interaction of the group members and how everyone cheered each other on and provided suggestions and tips to one another!  Overall I am VERY pleased with the Holiday Challenge Group and my “Maintain Don’t Gain” goal!


And now I am SUPER EXCITED to start the “This will be MY year” New Year’s Challenge group and InsanityMax30!!  If you want to increase your health and fitness in 2015 you will need to find the time to work out and create a weekly meal plan.  Challenge yourself to workout daily and keep pushing yourself even when you want to stay in bed or on the couch.  Build a lifestyle of health and fitness in 2015 by joining me in the challenge group and receive group accountability and motivation. 



Email me at atabb01@gmail.com, complete this form or become my “friend” and message me on Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born. Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions th

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder