Skip to main content

My Insanity Max: 30 Journey Month 1 Review

When I first saw the InsanityMax30 preview, I was intimidated and had no intentions to ever purchase and complete the program.  I had been following the 21 Day Fix meal plan and working out each morning at 5am for 4 months but didn't feel I had the strength or cardio endurance to make it through InsanityMax30.  However, throughout the holidays I watched on FB as others completed the 60 day workout plan and posted that they were increasing their max out times and muscles while decreasing their weight and inches.  Finally, a week before Christmas I decided Santa would be sending me InsanityMax30 and I would complete it before vacation at the end of February.
I began the first Cardio Challenge on January 5...my first day back to work from a 3 week holiday vacation.  It wasn't easy getting out of bed and starting the workouts that first week, but thanks to my work out buddies texting me and me texting them each morning, I did it.  I followed the modifier for several of the moves but was still able to push myself to max and sweat during the 30 minute workouts.
In week 2, my max out times increased and I began to understand more of the moves which helped me reduce the amount of modified moves.  There are lots of pushups in the Tuesday/Thursday Tabata Power and I couldn't do them all off my knees, but I increased by a few each time I did the workout. 


Week 3 began on a holiday so with extra time I started the IM30 ab workout.  It was TOUGH and I maxed out in only 1:50.  The plank side punches were not easy and I had to modify to my knees after only a few on my toes.  However, on the next few moves I was able to complete them as shown by trainer, Shaun T.  Friday Fight was still hard to get up for, but my dog's barking at 4:45am helped me get out of bed and get started. I think I would prefer to start this program on a Tuesday so that the "Friday Fight" happened on Saturday instead of Friday....Friday is just hard!!

Without my Challenge Group, I would NOT have made it to week 4.  It takes support and encouragement from friends...and strangers... to keep going and stay motivated.  Participants in Challenge Groups receive 2-3 daily posts from the challenge coordinator and post their own rankings for the day regarding the workout, food intake & Shakeology .   Everyone comments and likes on the posts and provides advice and insight to other posts. This groups helps me stay accountable.  I also find accountability through posting a daily workout photo on Facebook to show all my FB friends that I have completed my workout for the day!

My motivation for InsanityMax:30 is my upcoming trip to Mexico which is now only 3 weeks away.  My goal is to lose a total of 4.5 pounds while toning my arms and abs.  Personally I just wanted to increase my muscle strength and cardio endurance. Plus I have found from working out each day and drinking Shakeology that my energy has increased and I sleep so much better at night!
My weight and measurements were taken on January 1 and February 1.  Although my changes were slight, it was the exact results I was seeking!! I followed the 21 Day Fix/Insanity Max:30 meal plan about 85% and know if I would have followed it more my results would have been even better.  However, there were certain occasions that I needed to enjoy and I still have not been able to give up sodas due to my need of caffeine and my dislike of coffee.  Tomorrow starts Month 2 and I am excited to see what I can accomplish in February before my vacation!!

    January 1:                                             February 1:
    Weight: 129.5                                         Weight: 125.5
    Bicups: 11                                               Bicups: 11
    Chest: 34                                                 Chest: 33.5
    Waist: 32.5                                              Waist: 31
    Hips: 37.25                                              Hips: 36
    Thighs; 20.5                                            Thighs: 19
    Calves: 13.5                                             Calves: 13.5
If you are interested in more information, create a FREE account on my website and complete this form to be contacted about the next fitness support group!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born. Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions th

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder