Skip to main content

30 Days of Gratitude

This is your invitation…will you accept it?



So it’s been a busy month and this is a crazy, busy week…especially in Lexington, KY!! We have a UK basketball scrimmage to watch tonight…yes another practice to watch on TV!!  Then there are Breeder’s Cup activities all week, a UK football game Saturday night and oh yeah…it’s Halloween week!!  So there are several school and activities around Halloween and the actual treat or tricking Saturday night!!  It’s a whirlwind keeping everything straight…getting everyone where they need to be and keeping up with daily responsibilities.  But in the mist of it all I want to be a good example for my girls and so I try to show them how to organize things, eat healthy and keep my exercise consistent.  And I feel I have handle on those things, but sometimes…ok most of the time, I fail to communicate my appreciation for all that I have!

Don't Forget To Enjoy Your Blessings Today

I just started 21 Day Fix Extreme yesterday and I already had to alter my meal plan last night when it was raining and we had planned to grill.  But we just changed a few things up and moved things around…hopefully it won’t rain all week and will warm up!!
I'm also having a few too many cheats which basically cancels  out some of the  hard work in my workouts!  It's that darn sugar!  And did I mention Halloween is on Saturday?!?!?  

It takes will power, it takes talking yourself out of it and it means breaking bad habits.  I mean literally as I am sitting here typing this blog post I'm thinking about what I will eat next…and dinner is 2 hours away!! Who will know if I have a piece of candy that’s in my work drawer… No one will know... right?!  WRONG... I'm accountable to myself, my challengers and my own fitness journey!  My body is going to show the choices I make!  I can't hide from it.  And honestly, I want to feel like I did in February after completing InsanityMax30 and 21Day Fix Extreme! I want back on my healthy eating routine and it starts today!  


Feb 2014 & Feb 2015

So today I’ll head to the grocery for healthy foods to go along with easy recipes.  I’ll make enough to have leftovers for lunch the next day.  And I continue to follow and adjust my meal plan for the week because I KNOW life will happen and things will alter what I have planned.    

Last night I made so pumpkin treats!!  I knew we had leftover Pumpkin Roll which I enjoyed on Sunday, but wanted a healthier option for the rest of the week.  So I made Pumpkin No Bake Cookies and Pumpkin Muffins…and they are YUMMY!!! I only bought a limited amount of Halloween candy but I fill up my candy cup with almonds rather than getting into the bite size chocolates.  Plus since Courtney is limited with the chocolates she can have with her braces…the candy will be limited and select for at least the next year!!   


Plus I have a game plan…my clothes are on the chair in the bathroom closet and my alarm is set each night.  I'm going to crush my workouts, drink plenty of water and stay on track! I know that I feel better when I complete my 30 minutes workout first thing each day!   I have more energy, feel accomplishment and start the day on a positive note!!!

But also this week I am preparing for a special project for next month!  I'm going to co-host a 30 days of Gratitude Group for Thanksgiving month!

While I want to live a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle, I also want to be grateful for the blessings in life! So often I get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of life and forget what really matters is already right in front of me.  I tend to think I need more or want to do more and sometimes express I don’t have enough! When in reality, I don't need more.  I have everything I need…a fabulous family, wonderful friends, a great job, warm home and so much more!  

So  for the month of November I want to you to put YOU first for 30 minutes a day, I will show you healthy eating, meal planning, give you healthy recipes and tips to stay on track this holiday season!  I will walk you through an entire month of tips and tricks.

Especially with traveling, holiday parties, Halloween, dinners out and friends visiting it is VERY, VERY easy to get off track!  But, I’ve got you covered!  The 80-20 rule is where it is all at!  Let me share with you how I truly feel like I can have my cake and eat it too!  Like this snack below! This curbed my sweet tooth and it felt like a dessert!  The best part is that it is 100% fix approved.


Healthy Eating Can Be Tasty!

So what is this group all about?

It's 30 Days of Gratitude:

1.                  Everyone in the group is committed to a fitness program.
2.                  We will start with prep week on November 2nd…setting goals and giving more details about meal planning and workout scheduling!
3.                  Everyone in the group is replacing 1 meal a day with Shakeology because... it is the HEALTHIEST meal of the day and we need fast food that is healthy!!! 
4.                  You are committed to checking into the group at least once daily and reporting your day to stay accountable.
5.                  I will share tips for traveling, eating at restaurants, healthy swaps, healthy holiday recipes, appetizers, healthy drinks and more!
6.                  I will provide meal plan templates and weekly preparation tips
7.                  We will practice daily positive mindset by keeping a gratitude journal
8.                  Every day you report what you are thankful for & start the day with positivity!
9.                  Each night before bed you list out your daily accomplishments!  
10.             We are focusing on the things we can do and not the things we cannot do!


This is the time to remain positive and enjoy the holiday season!
Are you ready to kick things up a notch?!

Let’s do this!

November 2nd is your start date to plan and prep!
The workouts officially start on November 9th!


If you are interested in joining the Gratitude group message me on Facebook, email me at atabb01@gmail.com.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shakeology No Bake Cookies

Over the weekend, I made Shakeology No Bake Cookies (or balls). I prefer to make these as balls rather than flattening them as cookies.  I've made them with both Chocolate and Vanilla Shakeology and both are good.  Using the Vanilla Shakeology actually creates Peanut Butter Balls...you don't really notice the vanilla...it just mixes in.  My girls and husband prefer the Peanut Butter Balls, but when I am craving chocolate...this is a great option!  The girls love helping with this recipe and it's super easy! Ingredients:  1 cup Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology 1 cup all-natural peanut butter 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats 1/2 cup raw honey How to Make:  Combine ingredients into a medium bowl, mix well with rubber spatula or by hand. Roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in size. Put into container. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Enjoy cold. If you are interested in more healthy eating or Shakeology recipes or are looking for fitness support...create

Home Workouts brought my Pre-Baby Body & Confidence Back

After having my two girls, I struggled with getting to the gym as its daycare hours didn’t work around my schedule.  The best day for me was Saturday morning and thenI had to gather my iPad, earbuds, towel, diapers, wipes and two girls.  By the time we were buckled into the car, 30 minutes later, someone had to go to the bathroom.  Then once we got to the gym, I did an hour of cardio while watching Mad Men and walked around the equipment trying to recall sessions with a personal trainer years ago.  Then a week later, we did it all over again and during the week, I walked outside a few nights a week.  My eating habits were somewhat healthy, but I finished my daughter’s mac and cheese and nibbled on her pretzels and goldfish during snack time. As a result, I didn't lose weight, I was tired and I was somewhat depressed as I missed the time and luxury of going to the gym before they were born. Then a friend posted her results from 21 Day Fix and I asked her a few questions th

Almond Joy candy vs. wonder whip

As Halloween approaches, candy options are more and more tempting.  Ok, maybe candy is tempting all year around!!  You want to think those little pieces of chocolate won't affect your weight goals, but they can.  Especially when it's hard to just eat one or two.  Personally, I would much rather have several bites of dessert than just one, so these wonder whip solutions are an amazing alternative to a few pieces of candy!! They are much more filling and satisfying!!  Whip up a bowl today and give your sweet tooth what it wants!!   Thanks to Ilana Muhlstein for sharing this recipe and her registered dietitian knowledge through the 2B Mindset Nutrition program and certified mentorship training!  B oth the Almond Joy candy and wonder whip have 235 calories, but you get a WHOLE cup with the whip rather than just two bites!!  Ingredients:  1 Cup 0-2% Plain Greek Yogurt 1 TBSP unsweetened Shredded Coconut 1 TBSP Cocoa Nibs 2 tsp. cocoa powder